About the Petition
Over the past several years, we’ve witnessed tragedies that have shattered lives, from school and workplace shootings to private family tragedies. Mental illness affects all of us. Across the country, nearly 60 million Americans live with mental illness. Yet a comprehensive mental health bill has not passed through the United States Congress in 40 years.
It’s time to address mental health in this country. By signing this petition, you’re standing with the National Alliance on Mental Illness and many others to demand the passage of a mental health bill this year. The right legislation will:
- Improve reimbursement for mental health services
- Improve access to mental health services
- Improve integration of mental health and physical health
- Increase funding streams for mental health research
- Provide the early identification and intervention that is so vital.
Photo Credit: Rob Lewine/Getty Images